3 Days Congo Gorilla Safari – Parc De virunga
Have a relaxing safari holiday in the Virunga National Park with our fully guided safari package tour. It excludes flights to goma or kigali international airport but includes the services of a professional guide, who will take care of all the driving, leaving you free to relax and experience the wildlife at its best.
On our 3 Day Classic congo gorilla safari you will see the beautiful bush and diverse wildlife found in virunga national park. You will be met at the airport by your professional guide for the trip. His knowledge of the region and anecdotes will ensure that you have a memorable gorilla trip seeking out the diverse primates in the area.
Is this gorilla trip right for you?
- This gorilla trip requires a good level of fitness. You’ll be getting out and about on several hikes (as noted in the itinerary) which range from four kilometres to twelve kilometres. They’re not necessary overly technical, but this is raw jungle, and the conditions will be testing.
- The Democratic Republic of Congo is one of the most expensive regions to travel to in Africa. Almost everything is imported, which makes daily life quite pricey, so it’s important to budget accordingly.
- Infrastructure (accommodation, roads, telecommunications, hospitals, water and electricity) is poor. Accommodation is relatively expensive ( virunga Safari Lodges) and, outside bigger urban areas, non-existent. Roads outside major cities generally range from poor to very poor, so a little bit of patience will go a long way!
- None of this exaggeration or metaphor. The gorilla safari trip will be one of the most serious adventures you have ever taken and is best experienced experienced if you can come prepared. Welcome to Africa’s Last Frontier in the wilderness .
- Standard accommodation in Parc De Virunga
- Standard open 4 x 4 safari vehicle
- Qualified and experienced English speaking guide
- Day: Transfer to Virunga from Kigali Rwanda
- Day: Gorilla Trekking in Bukima sector
- Day: Transfer to Kigali
Detailed Travel plan for Gorilla Trekking in congo
Enjoy a glass of wine while taking in endless vistas of sapphire lakes and the perfect cones of dormant volcanoes from the bush-chic terrace of mikeno Lodge. Experience the life-altering wonder that comes when, after trekking through dense rain forest for a morning, you are greeted by the noble faces of wild mountain gorillas as they forage among the trees.
Day 1: Transfer to Gisenyi
You will be met on arrival at the airport and transferred to Kigali city centre. Here you will be given a briefing on your safari. After you will depart for virunga national park in goma ( north Kivu). The journey heads north and goes through terraced hillsides that characterize much of Rwanda’s landscape, after on arrival to gisenyi you will clear all the border papers and cross to goma , transfer to Mikeno Lodge for Dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking adventure in Virunga
Among the top things to do in virunga national park is the gorilla trekking experience in the wilderness of Africa’s oldest national park. You will wake up early morning and have morning breakfast at your Safari lodge and later go for the gorilla trekking breifying about the gorilla rules & regulations as a way of conserving the gorillas in the wilderness. Through the light mountain forest on the slopes of the Virunga range, this is a magical experience. Once you reach the mountain gorillas, you can spend an hour with them and be back at base in time for a late lunch. Some gorilla families can be more elusive, and tracking can take a full day, especially if it is wet and muddy. You can choose whether you want to track an easier-to-find or a more elusive gorilla family, tailoring the tracking experience to your preferences, upon return to the lodge you will cross back to Rwanda to relax on the beaches of lake kivu.
Day 3: Transfer back to Kigali
In the morning you will enjoy boat cruise on lake kivu , later transfer to kigali.
- Gorilla Permit $$$ 400
- Congo tourists Visa $$$100
- Road transfers to tourists places.
- 2 nights’ accommodation in comfortable round Bungalow with en-suite bathroom
- Brunch/breakfast and dinner as specified in itinerary
- Bottled water while on gorilla trekking
- Accompanied by experienced English speaking guide for the duration
- Rwanda Visas
- Personal items, meals and drinks not mentioned above
- Optional activities not listed above, laundry service and all other extras to be settled directly on departure